How to Start a Social Media Marketing Agency:
A step-by-step guide on how to successfully start a social media marketing business.
Pros and Cons:
- Inexpensive to start.
- You can have fun while you are working.
- You can work from anywhere.
- You don't need staff.
- There is a growing need for social media managers.
- It's a balancing act—you need to balance multiple clients' social media accounts simultaneously.
- Some businesses don't understand the importance of social media marketing.
How much does it cost to start a social media marketing business?
It costs between $1,410.00 and $2,575.00 to start a social marketing management agency.
How much does a social media marketing manager make?
Our research found social media managers make around $15.52 per hour, and an average of $49,390 per year.
How much should I charge for social media consulting?
It depends on your experience, and referrals and testimonials will help you to earn more. Our research found social media consultants charge anywhere from $15.00 to $250.00 per hour, and even more. The average cost for digital marketing services ranges from $2,500 to $12,000 per month for SMBs.
How do I calculate an hourly rate for consulting?
Decide what salary you would like to make, divide it by the number of working weeks in a year, and then by 40 for your number of working hours per week. Mark that number up by 25% to 50%.
How do I get my first social media marketing clients?
- Network, and approach your existing contacts.
- Offer your services for free, and ask for referrals.
- Set up a landing page and promote it.
- Do email marketing or make cold calls.
- Keep an eye on job boards and freelancing sites.
How do I convince clients to use social media marketing services?
- Point out that social media marketing attracts traffic that turns into leads.
- Explain to them that you are giving them access to a valuable customer service tool.
- Make them aware that your services free up time for them to grow their business in other ways.
- Tell them that their following may spread their message to their own contacts.